Thursday, February 3, 2011

Been a Long Time

Yes, I know.

How is it possible? 7 months and so many days? What have I been doing with my time?

Maybe it takes this long before you stretch out on your bed one night with a good, strong drink and realize that this is one of the first times that you actually feel like you're relaxing. Maybe it takes this long to have life redirected, at will or not, and to finally realize that the only thing to do, as always, is to relax.

I have given birth to an astounding human being (more on that soon), and I have been handed a bag o' crap (getting laid off from my job - more on that later too) as an exercise in figuring out what to do with bags o' crap in life, and all the while, I have maintained a steadfast faith that all of this craziness is happening so that I may evolve and become the next iteration of who I'm supposed to be. (In case you don't know me so well or haven't checked in for awhile, I got laid off from my job 6 days before I was supposed to return to work from maternity leave. Needless to say, it felt like a Mack truck at the time, but a few months later, and I am saying grace for all of the hidden benefits of gaining unexpected time. Regardless, I'm still trying to figure out who the hell I am as a result, and where I'm supposed to be right now.)

So, after checking out for all of these adventures, I'm checking back in because somewhere deep down, I feel as if I need to speak, and this is the place to do it. To speak about being a mom, being a woman who is a mom, and, of course, sharing the beauty of the child that I'm helping to create.

While you'll have to wait a little while longer for my words, here is a look at what I know you're all really here for....we've come a long way, baby!



1 comment:

  1. I love it that you are back in the saddle! And seriously could she be any cutier! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete